New season, new reason to be your best self ever, but don’t look here for tips on doing that. Instead, we’re going to give you some ideas for your best fall selfie – that is, where to go to get the best backdrop for the perfect post, selfie-style.
- Cloud Gate, Chicago, IL: Fall in the Midwest is certainly a colorful adventure, so if you happen to be enjoying the Lake Michigan Circle Tour (a road trip that will take you through Illinois, Indiana, Michigan and Wisconsin) make a detour to the Windy City and take a perfect selfie at the Cloud Gate sculpture, also knowns as the Bean, in Chicago’s Millennium Park.
- Hawk Hill, San Francisco, CA: From September through November, this location outside of San Francisco is the best place to view the raptor migration on a clear day and a perfect spot for a selfie with the iconic Golden Gate Bridge in the background. An added bonus – your furry friend, provided they’re leashed, can also join you in the pic.
- Covered Bridge Festival, Rockville, IN: The Parke County Covered Bridge Festival is scheduled this year for October 12th through the 21st, and the 31 historic covered bridges of Parke County provide the perfect selfie backdrop.
- Vizcaya Museum and Gardens, Miami, FL: Take in the breathtaking beauty of the grounds and gardens before the snowbirds arrive and picture yourself (literally) in the opulence of this Italian Renaissance mansion, which was once the winter home of industrialist James Deering. There’s fountains, statuary, sculpture, orchids (Deering’s favorite) and views of Biscayne Bay that will serve as ideal backdrops for the perfect selfie.
- Texas State Fair, Dallas, TX: There are plenty of selfie opportunities at a state fair, but the Texas State Fair is the only place you can take your picture with Big Tex in the background. This 55-foot mechanical cowboy is the perfect companion for your State Fair selfie. Other iconic State Fair selfie companions can include baby livestock and the neon Midway sign.
- Lake Wenatchee, Leavenworth, WA: The reflection of the fall colors against the 489-acre lake is said to be simply spectacular. With 12,000 feet of waterfront views, there are plenty of selfie opportunities among this fall color show. To boot, the charming town of Leavenworth hosts an Autumn Leaf Festival from September 29-30, which will provide even more selfie moments.
- New England Fall Foliage: Numerous photo ops await any leaf-peeper as they make their way through the gorgeous fall color display that is New England in autumn. Maine’s quaint Bar Harbor and the adjacent Acadia National Park are the personifications of fall colors as is New Hampshire’s South Hampton thanks to its proximity to the White Mountain Forest. Sorry, even without you in the picture, fall color shots are a must-have!