Skyscanner.com, a travel search engine, recently came out with an article that discussed travel trend predictions for 2024. We thought it would be a good idea to take their trend predictions, pair them with our glamping locations, and see if this could make for the perfect travel ideas for you in 2024. Here goes….
Main Character Energy: Using the term “set-jetting,” this travel trend has travelers heading to the locales where some of their favorite screen characters reside. For example, Emily In Paris, the Neflix hit that follows the life of an American marketing exec when she’s transferred to Paris. OK, while we don’t have a glamping destination in France just yet, we can get you pretty close staying stateside. Book a cozy glamping cabin stay at Thousand Trails Las Vegas and head to The Strip to discover Paris Las Vegas. What you’ll find here is not only a replica of the Eiffel Tower, but also the Arc de Triomphe, the Paris Opera House, the Louvre, and the Musee de Orsay, which gives you an idea of Emily’s daily scenery. The bonus here is that anyone who is a fan of reality TV can dine at Vanderpump à Paris – owned by the Bravo TV celeb Lisa Vanderpump, famous for Vanderpump Rules. In Season 3 of the series, Emily heads to Provence, the region in southern France known for its beautiful lavender fields. Plan ahead and book a trip at California’s Thousand Trails Idyllwild (cabin or cottage glamping accommodations available here) and head over to 123 Farm, a beautiful lavender farm in Beaumont, which has gorgeous lavender fields from June to mid-July. The Farm’s lavender festival runs May through July each year.
Budget Bougie Foodies: According to Skyscanner, 47% of American travelers have booked a trip specifically to try a restaurant in the destination and another 27% said they’d travel to eat specific cuisine of the area. Some ideas for a glamping/gourmet gorge can include:
- Thousand Trails Russian River: Book a glamping cabin or cottage at this great California retreat and explore several Michelin Star restaurants in the area including French Laundry in Yountville, Cyrus in Geyserville, Auro in Calistoga, and Barndiva in Healdsburg.
- Thousand Trails Colorado River: Glamp in a cabin here and plan to head into Austin (about 90 miles) for some of the best authentic Texas BBQ. The Lone Star style for BBQ includes smoked beef brisket, a less sweet, more spicy sauce and, of course, the requisite large slice of white bread. Per eater.com, the must-eat spots include Franklin Barbeque (from James Beard Award-winning pitmaster, Aaron Franklin), Brown’s Bar-B-Queen (situated in a big red trailer in South Austin), and Sam’s BBQ, an oldie that’s been around since the 1950s.
- Thousand Trails Natchez Trace: Book a stay at a tiny house at Natchez Trace and explore the culinary delights of Nashville. Stop in at Robert’s Western World for a fried bologna sandwich, Hattie B’s for some famous hot chicken, or the Loveless Cafe for some of the best biscuits and jam around. A walking food tour is another fun way to eat your way through Nashville (check out walkeatnashville.com).
Gig-tripping: Maybe it originated with the Grateful Dead’s Deadheads, but gig-tripping is what they’re now calling what you do when you travel to follow the music. You don’t have to go as far as another continent like the Swifties did this past year, but there are plenty of music festivals coming up in 2024 that work well with a glamping destination. Consider Coachella, scheduled for two weekends in April (12-14 and 19-21). Book a stay in a colorful cottage in Thousand Trails Palm Springs and you’re about 30 miles from all the fun of Coachella. Catch the next big stars of Country music at Key West Songwriters Festival 2024, set for May 1-5. Choose from a tiny house at Sunshine Key Tiny House Village or a colorful cottage at Encore Fiesta Key for your homebase for this fest. For a lineup of next year’s big music events, visit musicfestivalwizard.com and see who’s playing near your favorite glamping location in 2024.
- We know you’re curious, so we did the hard work for you. Here’s the difference between camping and glamping.
- Get out of the cold and head to Arizona! These 5 things to do in Phoenix will have you feeling the sunshine in no time.
- There’s still time to get some travel in before the end of the year. We put a list together for some last minute travel inspo!
- Find your next glamping destination at PetiteRetreats.com.