Looking for a glamping destination that includes great rental accommodations, a beautiful setting, and plenty to do in the area? Consider a glamping getaway to the cozy cabins at Wilderness Lakes in Menifee, California, and check out what we found nearby:
- Wineries: The Temecula Valley has more than 40 wineries spread among the rolling hills of this scenic Southern California location. There are four separate wine trails to explore and a complimentary winery map can be found at visittemeculavalley.com. Miramonte Winery is known for its beautiful views in addition to the great wines while Somerset Vineyard and Winery specializes in Spanish varietals. For a carefree tour, consider the tours offered through temeculacablecar.com.
- Old Town Temecula: Rustic buildings and quaint storefront shops harken back to the old days in charming Old Town Temecula. Modern-day visitors can enjoy several breweries, as well as antique and artisan shops, boutiques, and eateries. Check out the Old Town Sweet Shop, Temecula Olive Oil Company, Temecula Lavender Co., and the unique Temecula House of Jerky. If you spend the day here, stay for the sunset – Town Square Park is a great place to catch it.
- Hiking: There is plenty of hiking in the area with outstanding scenery. Consider the Santa Margarita River Trail Preserve which offers the Scenic Trail that runs along the Santa Margarita River, running about 4.9 miles. Lake Skinner offers a 1.5-mile path great for sighting owls, hawks, and herons. Or consider walking through the Santa Rosa Plateau Ecological Reserve that offers great opportunities for sighting badgers, mule deer, and turtles and is also home to the historic Moreno and Machado Adobes, former cowboy bunkhouses dating back to the mid-1800s.
- Tenaja Falls: Located in Cleveland National Forest, a short hike from the trailhead (about 1.5 miles) will bring you in view of Tenaja Falls, which cascade 150 feet into the canyon below. Spring is the best time to visit to ensure the falls are flowing. Seasoned hikers take note – there is also a longer trail (about a 7.5-mile hike) through Fisherman’s Camp and San Mateo Creek with equally stunning scenery.
- Temecula Valley Balloon and Wine Festival: Plan ahead to attend this three-day event that includes ballooning, wines and wine tastings, live music, and unique events like wine barrel racing. Craft beer tastings and a fair with over 150 vendors and a food court are also part of this annual event, set this year for May 19-21, 2023.
- Warm up this winter with these 5 things to do in Phoenix, Arizona.
- We did the hard work for you – here’s the difference between camping and glamping.
- There’s still time to travel this year! Consider these top destinations for a December trip.
- Find your next glamping destination at PetiteRetreats.com.